Yesterday I was able to get to the forest preserve without my car to go for a quality walk. Then today I was able to bike to the store for a shower gift and then to the Farmer's Market. It was my very first Farmer's Market, and I enjoyed it. I even got an eggplant (for???). I have to tell you an "Awww" story today. On the corner of Higgins and Roselle, a big man from a big truck stopped a bit of traffic to rescue a tiny kitten cowering in the road. AWWWW! It was an adorable sight, and I only wish I'd had a camera ready. Instead, you get this picture of the market merchandise. All this for $12.25, and I saved $4.14 in gas today. I also picked up a sticker (from the Bike Safety Council) that says "It's cool to wear a helmet." I put it on my bike, and on the part you peel off is a coupon for a free small drink or fries from McDonald's. What a lovely morning!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Go Green
Yesterday I was able to get to the forest preserve without my car to go for a quality walk. Then today I was able to bike to the store for a shower gift and then to the Farmer's Market. It was my very first Farmer's Market, and I enjoyed it. I even got an eggplant (for???). I have to tell you an "Awww" story today. On the corner of Higgins and Roselle, a big man from a big truck stopped a bit of traffic to rescue a tiny kitten cowering in the road. AWWWW! It was an adorable sight, and I only wish I'd had a camera ready. Instead, you get this picture of the market merchandise. All this for $12.25, and I saved $4.14 in gas today. I also picked up a sticker (from the Bike Safety Council) that says "It's cool to wear a helmet." I put it on my bike, and on the part you peel off is a coupon for a free small drink or fries from McDonald's. What a lovely morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment