When I got back from the Michigander this year, I decided to create a blog to show WHY I like to do the things I need to keep doing. One reason to continue biking is this trip. My husband encouraged me to go last year, and it was such a difficult thing for me to be on my own. However, it turns out I made some great friends to have one week a year. It's great to ride with people of basically the same ability and tastes, and then great to socialize with different people everyday. To get served breakfast and dinner, and not worry about what you're going to eat... To get up early and not waste the morning chill, and then go to bed early... But the best part is these people in the picture here. I am grateful I am able to be independent enough to go and enjoy the ride, along with the company. And then it's nice to be home in a bed with a bathroom nearby!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Michigander 2008
When I got back from the Michigander this year, I decided to create a blog to show WHY I like to do the things I need to keep doing. One reason to continue biking is this trip. My husband encouraged me to go last year, and it was such a difficult thing for me to be on my own. However, it turns out I made some great friends to have one week a year. It's great to ride with people of basically the same ability and tastes, and then great to socialize with different people everyday. To get served breakfast and dinner, and not worry about what you're going to eat... To get up early and not waste the morning chill, and then go to bed early... But the best part is these people in the picture here. I am grateful I am able to be independent enough to go and enjoy the ride, along with the company. And then it's nice to be home in a bed with a bathroom nearby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment